Information Technology Director
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide direction to Regular Baptist Ministries in meeting their technological needs by researching, coordinating, and implementing related support systems that will promote a technologically sound foundation for employees to complete their assigned responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the transfer and transition of data out of legacy systems into newer database structures and formats while holding to the highest level of data integrity.
- Review business systems and processes for various technological solutions. Make recommendations for improvements to Director. Once approved, work with other directors to implement approved changes.
- Oversee management reporting that provides key reports and information to make critical business decisions for Regular Baptist Ministries.
- Oversee the planning and coordinate the implementation of a network design and support systems related to our strategic plans for technologies.
- Research and identify technology based solutions to ministry operations and communicate to Director.
- Communicate with vendors as needed.
- Identify, configure, test, and analyze various scenarios within the context of a given solution to ensure it will meet the needs of the ministry at the direction of and in coordination with Director.
- Oversee general direction of RBP’s webstore and ensure that any given webstore decision is compatible with Élan’s operations
- Provide oversight of ministries websites and related media platforms allowing the ease of content development and visibility.
- Develop staff members directly responsible to this position by following and enforcing standard HR procedures, conducting employee evaluations as directed by HR, and assisting with training as it relates to recognizing a need, communicating to HR, and conducting where asked.
- Oversee video production projects including weekly chapel productions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of networking principals, internet traffic, protocol usage, security, firewalls, related hardware and software
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of data elements, data integrity, programming logic, and data flow
- Thorough knowledge of ODBC database interconnections and client operations with such applications as Excel, Access, Crystal Reports, and SQL Server operations
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and transaction processing
- Ability to effectively write technical proposals, management reports, and communicate with external vendors
- Ability to focus for extended periods of time, detail oriented, and exceptional time management skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in this field
- Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related; MBA preferred
- Execution of some technologies and solutions exist outside of normal business hours and may dictate personal plans and projects may need to be put on hold to provide emergency support
- Personal office
- Extended periods of sitting
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties that may be required by their supervisor.