Interested in writing Regular Baptist Press Sunday School papers for adults? Please review our qualifications and specifications.
Our mission is to glorify God by providing church educational resources that are true to God’s Word and encourage maturity in Christ.
Regular Baptist Press was founded to produce distinctively Baptist Sunday School curriculum based on the entire “counsel of God.” Biblical integrity and doctrinal soundness have remained our hallmarks for over fifty years. Today a growing number of churches rely on RBP for ministry training, books, and resources that encourage maturity in Christ.
We look forward to working with you—Building Lives by the Book.
Horizons Take-Home Papers Writer’s Guide
Horizons is a weekly publication for adults in like-minded churches.
The target audience for Horizons is adults (ages 18+) who receive RBP Sunday School literature through their churches. Since our readers are laypeople, we ask our writers to use a conversational writing style as opposed to adopting a scholarly or sermonic approach.
- To present unchanging truths about God and the Christian life in an ever-changing world.
- To help adults think Biblically and to convey that Biblical perspective to others.
- To introduce relevant problems believers face and suggest possible helps for coping with those difficulties.
- Length: We look for articles that are 1,100–1,200 words long, including subheadings to provide context and overview. We do consider shorter articles (700–1,000 words), but these pieces must be accompanied by sidebars that bring the word count up to 1,200 words.
- Formatting: In the upper left corner, list your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address; list the word count in the upper right corner. Center the article title. Left-justify the article body. Double space your manuscript, using 12-point Arial font for all text. Suggest a two-sentence author bio at the end of your manuscript.
- Quotations: The King James Version is the standard text for all direct Scripture quotations in our Sunday School materials. In quoting copyrighted material (such as song lyrics, poems, or text from a book), the writer is responsible for obtaining permission and for paying any fees required by the copyright holder. With your manuscript, provide the source material as well as the letter granting permission from the copyright owner.
Purchasing Rights and Payment
Typically, Regular Baptist Press purchases first rights for Horizons articles. This means we are purchasing
- the right to edit the material
- the right to publish it one time
- the right to publish it at a time that fits our needs
If we wish to reprint your article, we will contact you about purchasing reprint rights for your piece.
Payment for material varies according to the assignment, rights purchased, and quality of manuscript. We generally purchase first rights for $120, but we pay a premium for items that require minimal editing.
Assigned work typically appears in print within 12 months. You will receive complimentary copies of your piece: a complete set of the issue in which your piece appears as well as an additional copy of your article.
- Digital submissions: Unsolicited manuscripts sent to firstname.lastname@example.org are received and reviewed. Due to the volume of submissions and time constraints, declined manuscripts do not receive individual responses from the editor.
- Postal submissions: Include a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage for manuscript return. We recycle declined manuscripts lacking sufficient return postage.
REGULAR BAPTIST PRESS
3715 North Ventura Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 60004