Editorial Manager- Youth Curriculum
Director of RBP
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide editorial skills in the production of materials that will help people come to Christ and grow in Him and to provide assistance in managing the department as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, communicate, and get approval of vision for Youth curriculum materials
- Work with editorial, graphic, and marketing teams to plan new youth projects and revisions. This will include writing.
- Edit assigned projects from manuscript to completion
- Proofread with a high degree of accuracy
- Prepare assignments to send to authors
- Assist in determining covers for youth materials
- Choose or write articles for inclusion in youth materials
- Assist in editing and proofreading other materials as needed
- Assist the Director of RBP in managing the department and production as needed
- Prepare for the future of youth materials (college & young adult too) including utilizing new technologies as they exist and are created.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree (English and/or Bible is preferred)
- Thorough Bible knowledge
- Minimum of five years of editorial or youth work experience
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and find mistakes
- Ability to originate and evaluate elements of assigned projects
- Agreement with the theological position of the GARBC
- Understanding of RBP educational philosophy
- Understanding of the market served by RBP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and InCopy
- Creativity in problem solving and project planning
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Private office
- Sitting long periods of time
- Possible eyestrain
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties that may be required by their supervisor.