Information Technology Director
Purpose: To provide support, maintenance, and administration in the areas of hardware, software, and telephony to all areas of the GARBC/RBP organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain theintegrity, security, and scalability of the network by utilizing monitoring tools and providing a clean, efficient network environment
- Maintain data integrity by using daily backups and administering and providing training from a disaster recovery plan
- Provide end user trouble support by utilizing network tools, knowledge of a Windows, Macs, and various reference materials
- Support VPN connectivity and related security elements used by RBP’s external employee
- Keeping current with technology trends by administering and following an upgrade path
- Oversee all enhancements and related upgrades to our telecommunication environment, which includes reviewing equipment needs and telecommunication service providers
- Maintain a current listing of technology assets and related replacement cycle both for hardware and software
- Work on video projects as directed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A comprehensive understanding of all Windows Network Structures, including Window Servers (2000 and up), Active Directory, Print Services, Network protocols, and Windows Web IIS Services
- A comprehensive understanding of Apple OS X
- Ability to trace wiring throughout buildings related to data and telephony lines.
- A working knowledge of web services
- A working knowledge of centralized workflow and backup requirements
- A basic knowledge of telephone PBX environment and related switch and voice mail integration
- A self-motivated team player able to multi-task and assist during critical work times such as system outages and failures
- An extensive knowledge of VPN technology and related security elements such as firewalls, SPAM protection, and multi-layered virus protection
- Prolonged exposure to computer monitors
- 40-50% of the time requires spent throughout the building servicing user needs
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties that may be required by their supervisor.