On Wednesday evening of the GARBC conference, Daniel Davey, president of Virginia Beach Theological Seminary, announced an exciting new publishing initiative. Davey is partnering with Regular Baptist Press to develop the New Testament Exposition Commentary series (NTEC). The series will be written for Christians in the local church—whether pastor, teacher, small group leader, or individual member. Each volume will provide a readable, verse-by-verse guide through each New Testament book from a conservative dispensational framework. The authors are skilled Baptist pastors and professors who have dedicated their lives to the study of Scripture and are fully committed to local church ministry. They will clearly and carefully guide the reader through the meaning of the sacred text and draw relevant pastoral reflections for this age.
The NTEC will be the most expansive Regular Baptist Books project the press has ever attempted, so Davey and RBP are seeking to raise front-end funding to help underwrite the cost of production. The projected cost for the first four volumes is $96,800.
If you are interested in helping to bring this project to fruition, here are a few of the ways you can offer your assistance:
- Sponsor a volume. Each commentary volume carries an estimated cost of $24,200.
- Sponsor one or more stages of production. There are four stages:
- Editorial labor—$9,000 (includes copyediting, proofreading, and research)
- Graphics design labor—$1,200
- Initial printing—$4,000 for 1,500 copies
- Marketing and promotions—$10,000
- Sponsor 10 pastors or parachurch ministers to receive a complimentary volume—$161.30.
You can make a tax-deductible donation by
- mailing a check to 3715 N. Ventura Dr., Arlington Heights, IL 60004, with “NTEC support” in the memo field,
- calling RBP at 1-800-727-4440, or
- visiting www.RegularBaptistPress.org/donate.