In an effort to simplify and expedite the accurate processing of your returns and to ensure you receive credit due in a timely manner, RBP has required that a Return Authorization (RA) reference number be assigned on all products prior to the return of the products to RBP for credit.
The RA number is mandatory before returns will be accepted by RBP.
How do I get a Return Authorization (RA)?
There are two ways to obtain an RA reference number:
- Contact Customer Service directly at 800-727-4440.
- Use our downloadable form and submit your request via e-mail or fax.
- All Returns must be sent to: 1620 N Penny Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4554
You need to know item numbers or ISBN numbers (your invoice or pick-list has these numbers) and quantities to be returned. Please take a few moments to gather this information prior to requesting your RA reference number.
Listed below are some general guidelines that follow most types of returns. Please familiarize yourself with our detailed return policy.
- No returns will be accepted without prior authorization. You must contact our Customer Service Department to receive a return authorization number. If you wish to use a form instead, download a return authorization request form.
- Returned materials must be in salable condition, with no marks or evidence of use inside or outside. Please return complete product. Outdated, discontinued, or damaged items are not returnable for credit.
- Packages should be securely wrapped within a box or jet bag using packing materials so they are not damaged in transit.
- Return authorization number must be displayed on outside of package, and printed on a copy of the original invoice or packing slip inside the package.
- Materials that are returned must be received by our warehouse by the end of the quarter for which they were printed. (See Deadlines for returns below.)
- Unless otherwise stated, products may be returned after 90 days from the invoice date and within 6 months of purchase.
- Nonsalable and non-RBP items will not be credited or sent back to the customer.
- Return no more than 15% of the total purchases.
Due to the seasonal nature of Vacation Bible School products (and other factors), some of our VBS materials may not be returned for credit.
Please note that the following items are not returnable for credit:
- All Director’s Resources (excluding Introductory Kit)
- All Departments: Teacher books
- All Departments: Visual packets
- All Promotional Items
- All Craft Items
- All Music Items
- All Attendance Items
- All Gifts & Awards
- Evangelism Resources
- Salvation Poster
- Gospel Bookmarks
- Family Fun Sheet
- Good News Beach Ball
- All Puppet Resources
- Fall material must be returned by November 15.
- Winter material must be returned by February 15.
- Spring material must be returned by May 15.
- Summer material must be returned by August 15.
- For Vacation Bible School, kits must be returned by July 31 and all other items by September 15.
- Undated adult and senior high electives may be returned if the course is still in print.
How soon should I expect credit to my account?
- Returns that follow these established guidelines will be processed within 2–4 weeks from the date received at RBP.
- Please keep in mind our goal is to process every return as quickly as possible; however, during heavy volume and peak periods, slight delays may happen.
- Once your return has been processed, RBP will mail you a copy of your credit memo.
- It is important that you do not take deductions on future payments to RBP until you receive your credit memo. Taking deductions from your account before credit is issued may cause you to incur late charges on outstanding balances.
What if I don’t follow these guidelines?
RBP is looking to partner with you; we understand this updated protocol will take some adjusting to incorporate into your relationship with us. Please note that choosing to not partner with RBP to efficiently process your returns may significantly delay the issuing of credit to your account. Any return with exceptions will be delayed in credit being issued to your account. Requests for credit may be denied, and if you request the product be returned to you, you are responsible for the return postage, which will be billed to your account.
Effective July 1, 2012, any return received without a valid RA reference number printed on the outside of the package will be refused and returned to you without credit at your expense.
Do I need an RA for a damaged or defective product return or a product shipped in error?
- No, if the product is damaged or defective when shipped to you, please contact Customer Service immediately at 800-727-4440. The Customer Service representative handling the call may issue credit without having the physical product returned or may send you a replacement. If the product needs to be returned, the Customer Service representative will coordinate the return method of shipping.
- If a product is shipped due to a Regular Baptist Press error, please contact Customer Service immediately at 800-727-4440. The Customer Service representative handling the call may issue credit and/or send the correct product to you at our expense. If the product needs to be returned, the Customer Service representative will coordinate the return method of shipping at our expense.